Using Communicator 4
This document covers the setup and basic use of the Communicator 4 software.
Communicator 4 is a suite of applications used from one interface, but we will
only be covering the Email information.
Configuring Communicator 4
- Click on the "Edit" menu and select "Preferences".
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to "Mail & Newsgroups" and select the
- For "Your name", enter your full name. NOTE: You can use whatever
you want here and you can use both upper and lower case
- For "Email address", enter: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Substitute your IwayNet user name appropriately.
- Next, click on the "Mail Servers" category.
- For "Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server", enter:
- Next, click on the "Edit" button in the section "Incoming Mail Servers".
- For "Server Name", enter: pop.iwaynet.net
- For "Server Type", select: POP3 Server
- For "User Name", enter your IwayNet user name.
- If you would like Netscape to remember your password for Email, check the
box for "Remember password".
- Click on the "OK" button to return to the "Mail Servers" window.
- Click on the "OK" button to return to Netscape.
Checking Your Email
- Click on the "File" menu and select "Get New Messages" or click on
the "Get Msg" button.
- If you did not check the "Remember password" option during the
setup process, a window will appear prompting you for it. Enter your
password and click on the "OK" button.
- When you receive a new Email message, it will show up in your "In" box.
- To read the Email simply select the message and it will be displayed
- Click on the "Message" menu and select "New Message" or click on
the "New Msg" button.
- Fill in the To field with the recipient's Email address.
- Fill in the Subject field with the topic of the Email message.
- Fill in the body of the Email with your message.
- When you are finished typing your message, click on the "Send" button to
deliver the Email.
781 Resolution, LLC -- Copyright © 2007 — 2015